School Uniform Policy
Hughes Colors: Navy Blue/White/Light Blue
We will continue the implementation of our school uniform policy. Adherence to the uniform policy is required for attendance at Hughes. There is no doubt that the uniform policy reduces student misbehavior and allows us to focus on providing a meaningful instructional program for all students. Thank you for your support of our efforts to provide a safe and orderly environment.
- Students must wear solid light blue, navy, or white collared shirts. Note: Plaids, stripes, sheer material or other designs will not be allowed.
- Navy blue pants, shorts or skirts are permitted. Shorts must be just above the knees, within 2-4" above the knee. Blue jeans may be worn provided they are in good condition and free of logos and designs (no frays, tears, holes, etc.). Students may not wear sweats or athletic wear. Royal bule, turquoise, light baby blue or white washed are not permitted.
- Solid navy blue leggings may be worn under skirts or shorts. Legging-like pants or skinny jeans must have pockets.
- Only solid white, blue, grey or black sweaters, sweatshirts, and jackets will be allowed as outer wear. These must be logo free.
- Only white, blue, black, or grey undershirts may be worn.